31 Call-to-Action Examples You Can't Help But Click
Think about all the times you’ve signed up for things in your life. Did you once download Evernote? Dropbox? Spotify? Maybe you’ve even taken a class on General Assembly.
Each one of these signups is likely a result of an effective call-to-action (CTA).
And it’s really important to guide your visitors through the buying journey using strategic CTAs. Think about it: If you hadn’t been drawn in by the copy or design of the CTA, or been guided so eloquently through your sign-up process, you would probably use a lot fewer apps and websites than you do now.
To help you identify what’s effective and what’s not, we’ve listed out 31 examples of CTAs that totally rock. These call-to-action examples are broken out into three categories:
Simple and effective CTAs
CTAs with great call-to-action phrases
CTAs that balancing multiple buttons on one page
Simple & Effective Call-to-Action Examples
1. Evernote: CTA Button: Sign Up
2. Dropbox: CTA Button: Sign up for free
3. OfficeVibe: CTA Button: Subscribe
4. Netflix: CTA Button: Join Free for a Month
5. Square: CTA Button: Get Started
6. Prezi: CTA Button: Give Prezi a try
7. Full Bundle: CTA Button: Our Work
8. Panthera: CTA Button: Join
CTAs With Creative Call to Action Phrases
9. Huemor: CTA Phrase: ‘Launch (Do Not Press)’
10. Aquaspresso: CTA Phrase: ‘Send Me Specials Now!’
11. QuickSprout: CTA Phrase: ‘Are you doing your SEO wrong? Enter your URL to find out’
12. Grey Goose: CTA Phrase: ‘Discover a cocktail tailored to your taste’
13. Treehouse: CTA Phrase: ‘Claim Your Free Trial’
14. OKCupid: CTA Phrase: ‘Continue’
15. Blogging.org: CTA Phrase: Countdown Clock
16. IMPACT Branding & Design: CTA Phrase: ‘What We Do’
17. EPIC: CTA Phrase: ‘Let’s start a new project together’
18. Brooks Running: CTA Phrase: ‘Find out when we have more’
19. Humboldt County: CTA Phrase: ‘Follow the Magic’
Balancing Multiple Call-to-Action Buttons
20. Uber: CTA Buttons: Sign up to drive | Start riding with Uber
21. Spotify: CTA Buttons: Go Premium | Play Free
22. Ugmonk: CTA Buttons: Send me the coupons | I’m not interested
23. Pinterest: CTA Buttons: Continue with Facebook | Sign Up
24. Madewell: CTA Buttons: Take me there | What’s next?
25. Instagram: CTA Buttons: Download on the App Store | Get it on Google Play
26. Barkbox: CTA Buttons: Get Started | Give a Gift
27. t.c. pharma: CTA Buttons: Find out more | View products
28. General Assembly: CTA Buttons: View Full-Time Courses | Subscribe
29. charity: water: CTA Buttons: Give by Credit Card | Give by PayPal
30. Hipmunk: CTA Buttons: Flights | Hotels | Cars | Packages
31. MakeMyPersona: CTA Buttons: Grab the template! | No thanks
Full Disclosure: We don’t have data to know if these are all scientifically successful, but these examples all follow our best practices. If you decide to recreate these CTAs on your site, please remember to test to see if they work for your audience.
Want more CTA design inspiration? Check out some of our favorite HubSpot call-to-action examples.